If you’re anything like myself, you wake up solely due to the excitement of your impending delicious breakfast. Well, and to head to that little thing called work, too, I suppose. But let’s be honest, it’s not my iPhone’s obnoxiously annoying alarm that gets me out of bed. It’s rather the satisfaction given to my taste buds immediately upon biting into this sweet & savory deliciousness of which I am about to enlighten you with.
You probably will not be astonished by this meal until you prepare it exactly as I tell you, as you have most certainly heard of (unless, that is, you live under a large rock) or even eaten these ingredients in conjunction with one another. That’s right, toast, peanut butter, and bananas. Not shocking. In fact, you might be severely disappointed with regards to the amount of time and energy you have already devoted to reading this seemingly revolutionary breakfast blog post upon discovering its rather ordinary ingredients. But please, bear with me. This ain’t your regular toast, and it ain’t your regular peanut butter and banana concoction. Oh, and, there are other options for you banana and/or peanut butter haters.
So, if this ain’t your regular PB&B, what is it? It is the most indulgent yet nutritious & healthy way of preparing your average joe peanut butter & banana sandwich.
– Ezekiel Sprouted Cinnamon Raisin Bread (yes, you can find this at any grocery store)
– Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt, no scary hydrogenated oils or sugar)
– ripe banana
– toast bread pretty well, to avoid sogginess later
– slice banana thinly with spoon/knife
– spoon out 1 tablespoon of peanut butter onto each slice of bread, only after it is toasted and warm, to let peanut butter get melty.
– place half the banana slices on one slice, half on the other.
– carefully mash the peanut butter and banana completely together on top of the bread, until it forms one creamy paste, spreading across the entire slice once it is a paste.
– savor your first bite, as this warm, creamy, sweet yet savory combination will drastically change not only your morning, but your life. Forever.
Do not change the method of preparation. The toasted bread, the warm peanut butter, the joining together and unification of the banana and peanut butter as one life-changing spread, and the culmination of all of this as one healthy & nutritious breakfast is sure to get you out of bed, and get you into a healthy eating routine. The complete source of protein in the sprouted bread, satiating fats in the peanut butter and fiber-full carbs in the banana are bound to keep you satisfied and slim.
For banana and/or peanut butter haters: try the same thing but with fresh berries, almond butter, ricotta cheese, goat cheese, honey, etc. get creative!